The Fall season is all about change. From the shift in climate and clothing options to the leaves changing colour, the season brings about a sense of renewal. Chalk it up to Fall being associated with a new school year still engraved in our heads, but there is no denying it, this is the time to switch up your hair game which for many translates to new a hair colour!
We’ve rounded up the hottest hair colour trends of the Fall/Winter season we are seeing on celebrities, runways and in salons across the country. There are options for all hair colours, whether you prefer a subtle change or a drastic one, Mary has you covered! Can’t decide? Feel free to call, pop by or bring your top selections with you to your next appointment and Mary will discuss the options best suited for you and your hair!
Get ready to welcome the Fall/Winter season with a fresh look:
- Cool Brown Hair is essentially toning down a brunette with a cooler shade of brown… think sable and coffee-coloured browns to give a classic and romantic look.
- Strands of Gold is a colour trend that is ideal for those with darker complexions that have a dark or chocolate base tone. Adding strands of gold as the trend suggests is the way to go, as you don’t want to take away from your skin tone.
- Sombre Hair is, in essence, the softer version of ombre, where the colour goes from darker at the roots to gradually lighter at the ends. The new colouring technique sombre has gone in a new direction to create a softer and subtle look. Many celebrities have been spotted with this new hair colour trend that creates a more natural looking graduation of lighter ends.
- Maple Hair is a hair colour that works best for brunettes, it reflects beautifully on darker, warmer skin tones. The colour itself has a stunning undertone that combines orange and violet tones.
For Red Heads:
- Burgundy Hair is a perfect option for someone with red hair wanting a richer, deep almost wine hair tone. Imagine a reddish brown shade associated with the colour of wine. Choose the right shade of burgundy to flatter your skin tone.
- Rose Gold Hair (With a Twist) the updated version of the popular Rose Gold trend is accomplished but adding a few pieces of copper undertones to give a more natural look.
- Cool Ash Blonde is an optimal tone for people that have natural grey hair and want highlights that are low maintenance while growing out.
- Balayage and baby lights are still very popular looks this season. Balayage means to sweep in French which allows for a very natural looking hair colour leading to softer and less noticeable regrowth lines. Baby lights are super fine strands of colour added throughout giving a multidimensional soft look.
- Honey Hair is a great option for clients that want to keep their blonde hair colour but want a slight change. A tone of honey blonde can be added to give it a subtle but still a bright blonde look.
- Face Framing Highlights are virtually a few shades framing your face to give you an edgy look without going over the top.
- Colour Melting is a technique that blends the base colour with the highlights so you don’t have any harsh lines. This smooth colour transition creates a completely seamless colour so you can’t tell where one colour begins and another one ends.
This season’s hair colour trends offer a variety of beautiful looks guaranteed to wow your inner diva! If you are looking for something new and fresh or even just a slight change, Mary will be happy to share her expert advice on which trend would look best on you.
Blonde Hair Goals
The road to perfectly long and healthy blonde hair doesn’t have to be a dream. Follow these pro-tips to make it your reality.
Step 1: Find a fabulous colourist to produce flawless blonde hair colour and deliver every time. Check. You are here so we know you have discovered Mary’s genius in colour creation and extensions. Discovering a hairstylist who understands what you need from your haircut and executes the best blow-dry at every visit. Also, check. Ernie is a master of hair and his blow-drys last for days!
Yet, those are all just the first steps on the road to perfectly long and healthy beautiful hair. Maintaining your mane while it is not in the hands of Mary and Ernie, now that’s the challenge! Unfortunately, we can’t see them daily even though we may wish to. In between visits, there is so much you can do to help in the process of reaching your hair goals of ideal hair colour, length and overall hair health.
Step 2: Book regular haircuts
Even if you want long luscious hair, trimming the ends at minimum regularly is the best plan of attack.
Step 3: Maintain a good schedule of colour appointments
Stick to a regular schedule of colouring your hair. It can depend on how fast your hair grows and how much regrowth you can manage then book accordingly.
Step 4: Incorporate Olaplex into your hair care routine
The repairing power of Olaplex is real. Olaplex No.1 Bond Multiplier can be added to your colour at the salon to begin your process of rebuilding strong hair and then Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfecto mask can also be applied to your hair at the salon. Olaplex No.3 should be used at home weekly to maintain your in-salon Olaplex service and ensure lasting hair protection.
For more info and to read up on all the amazing benefits of using Olaplex at the salon and at home be sure to check this out on the blog: An Olaplex Love Affair: https://www.maryandernesto.com/an-olaplex-love-affair/
Step 5: Wash your hair with Olaplex shampoo and conditioner at home
Introducing Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo proven to reduce breakage and Olaplex No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner leaves hair stronger than ever. Go full circle with repairing your hair at home with the Olaplex 3-4-5 system. You won’t be sorry. This system works’
Step 6: Use Mon Platin Black Caviar Hair Mask in Total Blonde
This hair mask is like a jar of magic. Apply it instead of your usual conditioner once or twice a week. Immediately as you begin rinsing the mask out, your hair feels thicker and healthier. Combing wet hair is a breeze after this treatment and your hair will look so shiny and smooth after blow-drying. Talk about remarkable; this is the stuff of hair fairytales. Not to mention that with each use you are doing your part in maintaining the blonde colour in between appointments with Mary.
Congratulations you have now completed all steps to ensure your glorious blonde hair is long, shiny and absolutely healthy through and through #longhairdontcare